And a little of that.....
(My life at the moment in bullet points)
* My rear end hurts!! Thank God for ice packs and there ability to numb things!! For the past several days I have been icing my hiney before shot time; helps tremendously with not being able to feel the needle go in; problem is after the numbness is gone I'm still left with the bruising (and knots) which hurt to walk, sit, and lay down--I have tried heating pads but they really don't seem to make a difference--funny thing is as bad as they hurt I still get excited about shot time because that means we are one shot closer to retrieval...
* I never thought ovary pain would make me so happy--my ovaries have been throbbing all day long (even my right one which has been quite the slacker)-- throbbing = growth ... growth = happiness!!
* Crybaby--yes that still explains me to 'T'
* I'm so thankful for so many of my sweet friends who have been emailing me local job listings; I have been applying to some, but to be honest I won't be job hunting full force until mid June--I want to get through this journey, enjoy every pain-saking moment--stress free :)
* My appointment Monday is supposed to be pre-op, however I won't know if it's pre-op until Monday--It's funny how fast this whole cycle has flown by, I remember being on my birth control part wishing and hoping for those days to pass and now I am 'praying' almost to retrieval and then just a short 5 days away from transfer..AMAZING!
* I was so worried in the beginning of this journey that I would gain so much weight (not that I'm complaining about gaining weight, if I am pregnant I will happily gain whatever I need to in order to carry my baby-ies) however--I read horror stories of women who gained 10-20lbs just in the IVF process...I shockingly have lost a pound and a half since the beginning of this journey (maybe---just maybe--God is saving my weight gain for pregnancy--wishful thinking!!)
* Last year if you would have asked me if we would be doing IVF in 2011 I wold have sadly said no; I am thankful for this opportunity--so thankful that it brings tears to my eyes--I want this more than anything in the world and I pray this is His plan for us!! We are doing our best (through thick and thin) to remain hopeful, to keep our faith and to lean on our amazing support system. No one told me life was easy, No one told me this IVF journey would be easy--but I never thought it would be this hard---however, were not even to the end and it's a very rewarding journey. I thought infertility and everything over the past 5 years brought Zach and I so close, nothing compares to the past few weeks...our bond is unbreakable, indescribable, unimaginable, all because of one word: infertility. This next week not only will be hopefully be celebrating the fertilization of our babies but we will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate it together!
One love---One life---One DREAM